Thursday, January 5, 2012

brighter days



I miss summer. Spring and fall too. The green grass, blue skies, and SUNSHINE! Winter is so dark around here. One grey day following the other. My mind finds its way back to the better days where there is no risk of freezing, whether it be water or toes.

Today Dot, Florence, and Blue Bird got to grow up. I am hoping it is not too late in the season for Gunner to breed them. These are his first does, being just a teenager himself. Kids born in June would be a first for me. Usually they are all on the ground by the end of March, mid-April at the latest. That may mean having goat milk into the winter. That is a cheerful thought!

1 comment:

  1. I miss not having to worry about water freezing!
    I miss animals out on pasture!
    I love your layout!

    ReplyDelete